Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sappire Fever



Ah, feels good to be back. No real excuse for the hiatus. It just happened.

Lately, I am obsessed (beyond reasonable explanation) with pink sapphires. I take that back, I've always loved sapphires (the blue ones.) The pink, is a little new. I had a mild obsession with the color pink back in high school. I was on the girls soccer team and we had a few summer scrimmages with other schools, and since we didn't get our soccer uniforms before school started we had to craft our own.

I took the helm of this project along with my friend Laura and Shelby. We dyed x-large boys tee shirts a pale pink, printed of a soccer ball with "Stonington High School" written underneath. On the back we put a nickname and number of our team mates. I was "O'Nasty", Laura was "Fierce Pierce", and Shelby "Dirty M." The pink color of the shirt softened our tongue in cheek nicknames and I could have worn that thing everyday.

Since then, never have I ever (haha oh high school) been so obsessed with pink. Until now. I can't get this little beauty out of my mind. I've been wearing a similar (totally not sapphire) bracelet and been wishing it was actually the glory that is this bracelet. Don't think I haven't thought of every possible way to justify the $1595.00 price tag. It's so pretty. Look here she's playing with her friends.

Damn, they all look so good together.

10 comments:

elvin said...

very unique accessories. I wait your presence on my blog http://skrtu.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. I visit your weblog. It was fantastic. This is my website WWW.FREETOP1000.COM Be glad to know your comment.

wholesale jewelry said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice article I've ever seen i like it, I learn something today.



fashion jewelry wholesale

Bella said...

Omg I want them! Now following,
Louisa xx

www.wearableartblog.blogspot.com

ellareiss said...

I've been wearing a similar totally not sapphire bracelet and been wishing it was actually the glory that is this bracelet.
______
Murano Glass

A London Gal said...

Totally agree, sapphires are thee most beautiful stone, wonderful blog too.

www.alondongal.blogspot.com

Dee Paulino said...

They look so good together! I need to update my jewelry collection.


www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your blog

http://writing-1234.blogspot.com/

Wedding sarees said...

I thought that was extremeley exciting. Many thanks for your unusual details. I'll maintain using this.

Bollywood saree said...

Thanks for the brilliant tutorial. I never thought I’d be able to set up Ubuntu, but it happened. I’m quite proud of myself, and grateful to you lol.Thanks you really helped me out! I even got it working!